The third President of the Republic of Indonesia, Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie born in Pare-Pare, South Sulawesi, on June 25, 1936. He is the fourth child of eight siblings, spouses Alwi Abdul Jalil Habibie and RA. Tuti Marini Puspowardojo. Habibie, who is married to Hasri Ainun Habibie on May 12, 1962 was blessed with two sons namely Ilham Akbar and Thareq Kemal.
Habibie's childhood passed with his brothers in Pare-Pare, South Sulawesi. Nature has firmly adhered to the principle shown Habibie since childhood. Habibie, who had a penchant for riding this horse, had lost his father who died on 3 September 1950 because of heart attack. Shortly after his father dies, Habibie moved to Bandung to study at Gouvernments Middlebare School. In high school, he began to look outstanding achievements, particularly in the lessons exact sciences. Habibie, a favorite figure in her school.
After graduating from high school in Bandung in 1954, he entered the University of Indonesia in Bandung (ITB now). He received his diploma from the Technische Hochschule, Germany in 1960 which then get gekar Doctorate from the same place in 1965. Habibie was married in 1962, and has two children. In 1967, became honorary professor (Professor) at the Bandung Institute of Technology.
Habibie steps much admired, full of controversy, many admirers but not a few who do not agree with him. Each time, winning the prestigious award Theodore Van Karman Award, was returning from the "habitat" of his German, he has always been news. Habibie is only a year studying at ITB Bandung, 10 years of college until my doctorate aircraft construction in Germany with the predicate Summa Cum laude. Then worked in the aircraft industry leading MBB Gmbh Germany, prior to the call of President Suharto to return to Indonesia.
In Indonesia, Habibie served 20 years of Research and Technology Minister of State / Head of BPPT, led the 10 companies owned Strategic Industries, the Assembly elected a Vice President, and sworn in by Chief Justice to replace President Suharto. Suharto handed over the presidency to Habibie on the basis of Article 8 of the 1945 Constitution. Until finally forced Habibie also stepped down due refrendum East Timor voted for independence. Accountability Speech MPR rejected. He was back to being ordinary citizens were returned live migrated to Germany.
Part of his work in calculating and designing several aircraft manufacturing project:
* VTOL (Vertical Take Off & Landing) Aircraft Transport DO-31.
* Military Transport Aircraft C-130 Transall.
* Hansa Jet 320 (Executive Aircraft).
* Airbus A-300 (for 300 passengers)
* CN - 235
* And indirectly participated in the count and design:
· BO-105 helicopter.
· Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MRCA).
· Some missiles and satellite projects.
Some Signs Services / honors:
* 1976 - 1998 Director of PT. Nusantara Aircraft Industry / IPTN.
* 1978 - 1998 Minister of State for Research and Technology Republic of Indonesia.
* Chairman of the Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology / BPPT
* 1978 - 1998 Director of PT. PAL Indonesia (Persero).
* 1978 - 1998 Chairman of the Industrial Development Authority Batam Island / Opdip Batam.
* 1980 - 1998 Chairman of the Industrial Development Team Defense and Security (Presidential Decree. 40, 1980)
* 1983 - 1998 Director, PT Pindad (Persero).
* 1988 - 1998 Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees Strategic Industries.
* 1989 - 1998 Chairman of the Agency for Strategic Industries Management / BPIS.
* 1990 - 1998 Chairman of the Association of Muslim Scholars se-lndonesia/lCMI.
* 1993 Daily Presidium Coordinator, Board of Trustees of Golkar.
* 10 March to 20 May 1998 Vice President of the Republic of Indonesia
* May 21, 1998 - October 1999 President of the Republic of Indonesia